Friday, May 27, 2016

Week 87 - April 28, 2016

Week 87 - April 28, 2016
Jacob -
Hello, everyone! Transfers have happened yet again. My P-day is now on Thursday, so you will have to make adjustments accordingly. I still have the same companion, but this time I am in Access Services. Basically that's making sure that the books in the Family History Library are in order. The first day was pretty eventful, though. I had a little bit of training with the library's computer programs, and I hope to be able to know how to use them. I also have a new companion, Elder Robinson. He's been out for almost as long as I have, with a two-month difference.
This weekend I am excited because the whole mission is going to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Spring Concert. From what I hear, the concert will feature Mack Wilberg's work The Prodigal. It's a new piece featuring the famous parable set to lyrics. It will be exciting to see how it all works out. I will try to send some pictures for you.
I want to shop for some more fruits and veggies, so I have a couple questions. First, are there ways to determine the freshness of a melon (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc.?) Also, what is the best way to preserve green veggies? If there is anything else you would like me to know, please don't hesitate to tell me.
I think that's it for this week! I hope you all have a good week!
Sincerely, Elder Derricott

Tara -
Hi Jacob! Fun to hear from you today!!!! I am at work and can't take a lot of time writing... Did you move apartments? I sent garments yesterday so they should get there in a few days.  Did you get the gift card for new shoes?  

Keep green vegetables in the crisper of the fridge, and if they start to go bad, cut off the bad parts before it can spread, so the good parts stay fresh longer.  As for melons, don't buy any with soft or sunken spots. You can smell them, where the vine was attached, and if it smells like melon it is supposed to be ripe.

At first you said you have the same companion, then later you said your new companion is Elder Robinson? I am a bit confused? 

I love you and am glad that you are doing good!!!! I would love some more pictures, and to hear about the spring concert.  Our church us from 2-5 in the evening, so if you can do your Mother's Day phone call in the morning, that would be best.  Love you tons!!!!
 
Jacob -I am sorry for the confusion. I do have Elder Robinson as my new companion.
Any other advice on freshness of food?
 
Tara -Keep it in the fridge, and only buy as much as you will eat within a week. It doesn't stay fresh much longer than that. Also, wash it before eating. Don't put bananas in the fridge because it makes them turn brown.

Did you get the money for shoes? 

Jacob - Yes I got the money for the shoes. I also took the opportunity to buy the shoes this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment