Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Week 82 - March 26, 2016

Week 82 - March 26, 2016
Jacob -
Hello, everyone! I am looking forward to Easter very much. I forgot that tomorrow is fast Sunday. It's a good thing you told me now before I got too far with my package. I am also looking forward to General Conference. However, because of that we are not going to shop for next week; we will instead shop for two weeks today and save money for the week after GC. Also, due to the Women's Session we will not have sports in the stake center. Instead we be back at the apartments hanging out with the other elders.
I got to watch the broadcast of the dedication. It surprises me that people would get to the spiritual thoughts before the dedication, but I guess the rule "save the best for last" can apply in this case. It was a very spiritual experience. Transfers did happen, but the only thing that affected me and Elder Hellebrand is that we moved apartments. Guess the Church History Library believes we're too valuable to lose. Also, our shopping time has been moved down from noon (waaaaaaaaay down) to 4:00 in the afternoon. I guess this means that we will have to do our laundry after lunch.
Well, nothing exciting so far, so I guess I'll see you later.
-Elder Derricott
PS- I don't have pictures this week, but I promise to send you some for next week. My understanding is that Saturday P-day elders write the day before Conference during zone.

Tara -  Sounds like you are doing good. Tell us about the process of moving apartments... How does that work?  Take some pics of hanging out with the other elders tonight.  That would be fun for us.

Jacob -  You get a transfer sheet the day before transfers, and after night zone you spend time packing up things that will go into the new apartment after transfers.

No comments:

Post a Comment