Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Week 81 - March 19, 2016

Week 81 - March 19, 2016
Jacob -
Hello, everyone! I am doing very well in Salt Lake City. We went to the Bountiful temple for our monthly temple trip, and we hope that similar events will happen in the future. We have also had  apartment inspections by our housing coordinators, along with fire and emergency training in case of an emergency. Maybe that's something you can do next family home evening?
Peter and the Starcatchers sounds like fun. If you still have the book, I would like to get set up with reading it after I get home. I am also looking forward to being in school again.
For Easter we are probably going to listen to a special program in our stake meeting. I will be looking forward to that package.
During the day we work on the Early Mormon Missionaries Database, like adding some Church History Library artifacts to the database. I like my companion a lot. However, we have transfers this upcoming Tuesday and I don't know if I will be his companion for much longer.
We are working on improving the living conditions of our apartments, like slowly building up on emergency supplies and working on meal plans.
This week in the Doctrine and covenants I am learning of what is mentioned in the Word of Wisdom. One of my former companions told me that this revelation was received at a time before the world knew that tobacco, alcohol, and other such substances actually did more harm to the human body than good.
That's it for this week! I hope to see you again soon!
Sincerely, Elder Derricott

Tara -  Hi... Are you still there? I am just leaving a relief society service project where we made some clothing for refugees and toys for orphans.

Jacob -  That's very nice. I hope that we can get something like that done sometime on the mission.

Tara -  How's your health? Is there anything you need us to send in your Easter package? The temple trip sounds great... Let us know the dedication of the Provo temple goes.

Jacob - If there are any special pens that can write on dark-colored material, could I get a hold on some of those?

Tara -  I will see if I can find any.  I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment