Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Week 80 - March 12, 2016

Week 80 - March 12, 2016
Jacob -
Hello, everyone! Not much has happened this week, but I did see that Temple Square has been working on putting up some flowers (they still haven't taken down all the Christmas decorations yet!) Anyways, we are going to have a temple trip this week, and President Tate managed to hire a bus to take us to the Bountiful temple. Elder Musgrave has agreed to give everyone 8$ for lunch afterwards, so that's something to look forward to. Not this upcoming Sunday, but the next Sunday, we are going to view the Provo temple dedication, so that's something to look forward to. We are also having our carpets shampooed sometime this month; we're still waiting for more information about that.
Anyways, I have been having a lot of fun with the Doctrine and Covenants challenge. I learned a lot about the different people that Joseph Smith interacted with, like the guy who used to be a Shaker and tried teaching the other Shakers about the restored gospel, which they initially rejected. I also learned about a time when Joseph and his brethren attempted to maneuver the river and learned that the Adversary was taking control of the river. Pretty interesting stuff, alright.
Well, I hope to hear from you soon! I look forward to this time every week!
Sincerely, Elder Derricott

Tara -  Hi son... I wasn't expecting to heR from you till this afternoon. Why so early? I didn't get a chance to write to you yet! We are all good. Dad and I are out walking along a river this morning.  Tell us about the doctrine and covenants challenge... The temple trip and lunch sounds awesome!


Jacob - My companion and I had the idea to come here in the morning and do our laundry in the afternoon. That way, there's less crowds to deal with.
We're reading through the Doctrine and Covenants three times in a row, just like our previous challenges. I'm surprised that you haven't heard anything about this beforehand; we started our second time through this month.

Tara -  This is the first we have heard of the challenge. So did you already do your shopping today? How is your sleeping going?

Jacob -  We're still shopping at noon, there's just not a set time for emails or laundry. My sleeping is doing much better, now that I have those earplugs. By the way, is there any way that I can clean them so I won't have to throw them away?

Tara -  Try some soap and warm water on the earplugs. If it doesn't work, you can buy more at Walmart or someplace like that, anything else going on? We sure love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment