Friday, May 27, 2016

Week 84 - April 9, 2016

Week 84 - April 9, 2016
Jacob -
Hello, everyone! This week has been pretty good. I enjoyed General Conference a lot! We wanted to watch the first session in the stake center, but it turns out that it had been reserved for those who speak Mandarin. We were lucky there was a technician there to set up a television in another room, though we lost the signal at some point during the first part and missed one of the speakers. Our district leader found a way to get to the theaters for the other sessions without running into the protestors, and we had tickets reserved for the Priesthood session.
I wasn't surprised that President Monson made what he had to say short, considering his health. I was, however, surprised by the way Elder Holland spoke in his message; it felt a lot more calm and inviting than some of his speeches I've heard in the past. His speech was perhaps one of my favorites this General Conference. I hope that I can look forward to every tomorrow with a smile on my face.
So concerning the early missionaries project, we're coming down to the end of a batch. I don't know if the leader in charge of the project has some extra papers for us to work on for it or if they are planning to have us work on something else once it's done.
I have been making an effort to try to get up earlier and get some more stuff done in the mornings. It's been getting warmer here, too. During the afternoon my companion and I have to watch out for wasps flying around the heat near the buildings. Got any advice?
I believe that that is everything I have to say for this week. I hope that you all have a good week!
Sincerely, Elder Derricott

Tara -  Hi son! I also thought Elder Hollands talk was amazing. It was probably my favorite too. What kinds of things have you been working on when you get up early?  My only advice for avoiding the wasps is to run faster than them!😉.

Me and Elder Hellebrand at the Stake Center

No comments:

Post a Comment