Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Week 79 - March 5, 2016

Week 79 - March 5, 2016
Jacob -
Hello, everyone! Looks like everybody had a fun week! Is there a chance that your "Scotch Christmas" is going to become a family tradition, or was it that one week only? I would like to have an opportunity to celebrate it with you. I thought of a humorous video on lds.org about a boy learning to play the bagpipes. I didn't even know that Lori even had bagpipes.
I am still the district leader, but President Tate says that he wants to give everyone on the mission a chance for leadership so I might not be a district leader for much longer. Elder Hellebrand is very talkative and great to get along with. He is also kind and likes to hold the door open for people, even if it's a large crowd.
I got the earplugs, and they seem to be helping a bit. I haven't seen much that looks like spring started, but I'm hoping that will change in the future. I am having a great time here.
Just one thing I need. President Tate told me that my release date is on August 25, but he wants to make sure that I get back in time for my fall semester. Could you maybe tell me when the start date is so neither of us are in the dark? It would shave off a lot of time.
Many thanks.

Tara - 
Hi there! Good to hear from you.   I'm glad you are living your mission so much... It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for sure!  Elder Hellebrand sounds like a great guy... Where is he from? 

We did Scotch Christmas last year so I'm hoping it will be a tradition that we continue... Maybe we can even add other countries that our ancestors came from!  

What else is going on with you?

I am excited and sad to get your release date... I miss you a ton, but the mission has been so good for you!!  It looks like the fall semester starts on Sept 12th. I will start working on your registration, etc... If that is what you plan on doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment