Friday, September 25, 2015

Week 56 - Sept 25, 2015

Week 56 - Sept 25, 2015
Jacob:
Hi, everyone! I promise next week I'll try to write earlier! Probably right after lunch!
Anyways, yes I did get a new transfer. I'm now a district leader! That means making sure that the elders in my district get the mail and assignments that they need for the week! Just before coming to emails my new companion Elder Gates and I had to track down some elders in our district to get them their checks because most of the elders have P-day on Saturday, but Zion's Bank is closed on the weekends, so nobody could cash checks on that day. (We also saw some people dressed up for Comic Con, including a group which one of the elders said was the heroes from Disney's Big Hero 6.)
I gave my first blessing this last Sunday before transfers happened. My old companion Elder Teichert stopped our former district leaders and asked if we could help give a blessing to help him sleep better and get over some flu-like symptoms. I pray that his new companion will help him to stay on track and on schedule.
I am also ready for General Conference! I hope that the new apostles will be appreciated just like the old ones were.
I got that razor and it works very well. For my birthday I need a pillow, a nail clipping kit, and a cup coaster. I would also like a metallic ink pen, an advent calendar for the holidays, and some LEGO Mixels sets (if you can't find them at the store, try looking for them online!)
I hope to be a good district leader and that I will have the energy to make the most of my mission!

Tony: 
That's real exciting about the District Leader opportunity, Jacob!  Do your best to pray for and help those who are in your district.  That will help you think less of yourself and more of how to help them come closer to Christ.

It's neat to see that your letters are getting longer and longer.  We sure enjoy seeing you grow from a distance.

Got any pictures this week?  We especially like the ones with you in them.
 
Jacob:
 
Tara:  Wow! District leader is really exciting! I'm sure you will do a great job! Tell us a bit about elder Gates... Did you move to a new apartment? 

Jacob:
Yes I did move to another apartment. With each move I find it harder to move my stuff, but I will try to get prepared ahead of time.
Elder Gates is a new elder, and I am the first to be his companion after his first two weeks in the mission field! I hope that I can help him to be friendly to the other missionaries.

Tony: Looks like your hair is really short and you're gaining a bit of weight.  Do you weigh yourself during fitness time?  Stay healthy!

Tara: I love the picture and I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment