Friday, September 11, 2015

Week 48

Week 48 - Aug 1, 2015
Jacob: Hi, everyone. I don't know if you will be able to read my email on vacation, but I just wanted to let you know that I am having fun here on the mission. I have also taken more of an interest in doing family research and attaching sources to some family members.
    This week we moved some furniture from an unoccupied apartment and storage to apartments that would soon be occupied. We were released early from our day zones to help out. There were times we feared that the furniture would crush us, especially going around tight corners and stairwells. We also wound up ripping a chunk of plaster off one of the corners of the apartments, but the people in charge said that they would take care of it.
     Also the Assistants to the President asked me if I would be willing to give them some ideas for a class they wanted to start teaching. I offered them some old PowerPoint presentations from the evening zone Research Essentials class, which they gratefully accepted.
    I saw the pictures of you in old towns and in Blodgett Canyon. It looks like a lot of fun! Is this your yearly summer trip, or do you have something else in mind?
    Well, take care and I hope we can talk again soon!
    -Elder Derricott
Tara:  Hi son!!!! You are writing earlier than I expected. Those pictures were of a trip to montana we took last weekend. Unfortunately I don't have any new pictures this week. We haven't seen any pictures of you for a bit?  We would love one when you get the time. We are at home this weekend, but in a couple weeks we are going to Denver for our family vacation. It sounds like the moving was a big deal! I'm glad you didnt get crushed!  Today we are cleaning house and doing yard work. What are you doing the rest of the day?
Jacob:
    We've got a big Preach My Gospel lesson to plan for Monday, plus laundry and hopefully evening sports. The lesson is on the Great Apostacy and were were told about it this Thursday. With the amount of reading we have to do I'm glad that we were told about it sooner instead of today or Sunday. We've started on scripture reading, and hopefully we will have something pulled together before Monday comes around.
Tara: 
We are excited to start our Book of Mormon challenge today!!!  You will have to keep us posted on how you are doing with it. I bet you learned some cool stuff about the apostasy... I have to admit that I don't know a whole lot about it.  Sounds like you are doing the same kinds of stuff as us today.  Thanks for the pictures!!! We love to see what you are doing.  Our favorites are the pictures with you and the other elders in them. We love you and miss you a ton! As always, we are so proud of the good work you are doing!   Is there anything you need? We love you son!!!!!
Jacob:     I could use some more of that special shampoo and lotion, and are you still working on getting a copy of Our Search for Happiness?
Tara:  I forgot about the book... Sorry!!! I will try to find it and get those sent this week. Is your dry skin/dandruff acting up?
Jacob:I'm actually doing fine, except the spaces between my fingers feel a bit dry.
Tara:  Good. Just use regular lotion till I Han get the other sent. Have a great week and know that we love you!!!

   The first picture is the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square in the Conference Center. The second one is the temple's reflecting pool after being drained.


No comments:

Post a Comment