Friday, September 25, 2015

Week 54 - Sept. 12, 2015

Week 54 - Sept. 12, 2015
Jacob:
Hi, everyone! I have had a pretty busy week. We have two "Preach My Gospel" lessons this week, the first is Sunday and the second is Monday. Fortunately we just started preparing for the second lesson yesterday. For our linking project we had a few sites that only had certain people and we took a side track and did those before going back to what we were usually doing. The people in charge of the project were thinking about making an evening zone that focused on adding links to our template, but for now it's just an idea.
This morning after we got done with shopping our regular checkout lane was taken so we had to move to different lanes. I found a lane, but the person at the register was an old woman who was so used to working at her usual computer in another lane that she had trouble checking some items out to me. It wasn't really a problem until she got to the carrots; she didn't have the number for them, so she had to ask another cashier for help.
I got that package that the Rodriguez family sent, and I was delightfully surprised. It contained five large boxes of "Pop Tarts," a Disneyland-themed journal, a Mickey Mouse pen, an Oswald the Lucky Rabbit t-shirt, and a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar (not a real one, it was a squeaky toy shaped like one!) I will be sure to thank him as soon as possible!
I heard that a recording of last year's Christmas concert, Keep Christmas With You, will be available on DVD October and on television Christmas, so if you want it you need to be prepared to get it. It features Santino Fontana from Frozen and the Sesame Street Muppets! I got a chance to see it last year; I think I remember telling you my favorite part was when Count helped Richard Elliot with the organ rendition of "Twelve Days of Christmas."
I know this week's email is a bit lengthy, but I have so much to share this week! I hope to talk again and have a great rest of the year!

Mom:  Hi kiddo! I love the long email!!!!  Sounds like you are doing good. I will watch for the dvd... We haven't seen it yet and I can't wait to watch the Count!  That sounds like a great package from the Rodriguez family.  I'm glad you are feeling loved!   Be good and do good! I love you!!!!!

Jacob:  We were coming back to work after lunch break, and we saw this just between the Church History Library and the Conference Center

No comments:

Post a Comment