Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Week 66 - Dec 4, 2015

Week 66 - Dec 4, 2015
Jacob:
Hello! I hope you're starting to get into the holiday spirit, because I am! The FamilySearch Center has already got a couple of trees near the steps and some poinsettias scattered around. I've started setting up the holiday decorations that I was sent in the mail, while trying to keep our apartment clean. It got here just in time to start the advent calendar, too!
During this past week I was pulled aside a couple times by a patron who had trouble indexing. I was even called by her personally when I wasn't technically on duty. I may have to bring this up with my zone leader whenever I get the chance.
If you ever get a chance to get to one of the Discovery Centers (in the FSC in SLC and soon to be in the Family History Library, also in Seattle) here are the stations to familiarize yourself with:
  1. This is where you take a computer tablet, enter your FamilySearch account, and take a "selfie" of your self before taking it to the different interactive stations
  2. Discover: Find out what your name means, how many people share your name, and what happened the year you were born!
  3. Explore: Learn where your ancestors are from and when they migrated to America.
  4. Experience: Take a "time machine" back to anytime between 1820 and 1895 to see the house that you ancestor might have lived in.
  5. Picture: A special camera places your face over the face of people from different nationalities so you can see what you would look like if you dressed as them!
  6. Record: Answer some questions about various topics, some relating to family pictures. There are two options for this one; a small room for single people, and a larger room for friends and families.
  7. Share: Put some "takeaways" on the large tree to view before you send the story to your email account once you return your tablet. It only shows what you've done, so save this one for last!

It's fun to talk and share with you the different things I experience each day.

Tara:  Hi son! Are you still there?  I'm so sorry I didn't get an email sent yet!!!! The past few days have been busy and even though I have thought of you, I didn't get a chance to write.  Glad you got the decorations and are looking forward to Christmas!   I will write a good, long letter next week !!! I love you so much!!!!

Jacob:  Thanks for responding to this one. I was afraid that you wouldn't get a chance! As long as I know that you are there, it makes me so much happier! We're actually finishing up email time up here, so we might get a chance to talk more next week.

Tara:  So sorry my boy! I look forward to hearing from you so much!!! We are excited to hear the Christmas devotional this Sunday... Are you going? We are having fun getting your Christmas package put together.   We all love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment