Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Week 59 - Oct 16, 2015

Week 59 - Oct. 16, 2015
Jacob: Hi, everyone! I am having a good time working in the FamilySearch Center. I get to help out patrons, and if I get stuck, I can just ask for help from the other missionaries in the area. I have already done shopping, but I was hoping to get laundry done after emails were done. President Tate's wife Sister Tate said that some of my shirts were starting to look a bit "yellow" so I bought some "Oxi-Clean" at the store.
It's nice to hear that you are having a nice warm fall. Ours is pretty good too except for one thing: gnats. Our apartment complex seems full of them during these warm fall days, so we literally can't go anywhere without going through them.
I am basically caught up with the Book of Mormon challenge, and I am trying to find a good way to apply it to my life.
I can't wait to hear how those upcoming events turn out, especially that talk in primary! Do you know who specifically is teaching the lesson?
I'm sorry that my email isn't quite as long as some of my more recent ones, but I do have some nice pictures to share. I hope that everyone has a great week and know that everyone is in my prayers!
Sincerely, Elder Derricott

Tara :  Hi son.  Good to hear from you! Oxi clean should help a lot with your shirts... Also wash them with hot water and sometimes a little bleach.   The gnats sound really irritating...we have had a lot of them too. I don't know who is teaching primary, but it was the president, Micalla Nef, who asked for information about the missionaries.  I will let you know if I find out more about it.  Your pictures are great! I would love to get a picture of you and your companion sometime. What are your Thanksgiving plans? I think we are going to Preston with all the Derricotts.  Love you so much!

Jacob:
Salt Lake Temple
Cathedral with U of U?
Fountain
U logo on mountain
Church Office Building




Tony: I was in Salt Lake Monday through Thursday, Jacob.  We went to Temple Square Wednesday night.  We also saw the inside of the Cathedral of the Madeline on Tuesday.  We went to the Cathedral of the Jazz on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment