Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Week 63 - Nov 13, 2015

Week 63 - Nov 13, 2015
Jacob: 

Hello everyone! My companion and I are getting along just fine. You can tell the ward that I am letting myself change by being more diligent in scripture study. Even after the Book of Mormon challenge has ended I am planning to read through it a couple more times before the end of my mission. I was told by President Tate that "if you don't feel like praying, pray until you do feel like praying." I haven't done the initiatories yet, but I promise to get them done hopefully before the year is up. I am starting to feel myself change in allowing myself to submit myself to God's will more often.
Are those stories about James C. Livingston on FamilySearch? I haven't forgotten about him, but a couple times during some testing in the Discovery Center I have come across our first ancestor converted to Mormonism. The only problem is I can never remember his name. Speaking of ancestors, I am expecting Great-Grandpa McLean's profile to come up on FamilySearch sometime in the near-future. Maybe if you or I had something we could get it started and not deal with the stress of others being confused about it like it did when I first came on the mission.
The lights are starting to come up, and a few of them have been lit up for a couple nights for testing, but we don't expect them all on until after Thanksgiving. I also have been looking forward to a Thanksgiving dinner for our stake. So far as I can tell we have not had any snow, but the mornings and evenings while it's dark have been a bit chilly.
Each day in the FamilySearch Center we go around the floor helping those who like to be introduced to family history research or the FamilySearch website. We also have an in-service (sort of like a mini computer class) each week and sometimes we work in the Discovery Center, where people with a FamilySearch account can do interactive activities that are aimed to encourage family history work. I was told that sometime during the next year the Church was going to start turning the main floor of the Family History Library into a giant Discovery Center. As district leader it is my job to make sure everyone in my district has everything they need, including the mail which I get every weekday.
I believe that's all for now. I hope to see you again soon!
-Elder Derricott
1. Signs on the washing machines in our apartment complex (the white ones were accidentally placed upside-down)
2. Elder Heese and I

No comments:

Post a Comment