Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Week 62 - Nov. 6, 2015

Week 62 - Nov. 6, 2015
Jacob:
Hi, everyone! Sounds like you have all had a good week! I bet you all have great experiences with these trips! I hope that you all stay safe while separated from each other.
We have actually had some snow today, but mostly in the mountains. I hope it's not like last year, with so little precipitation that it was a year of drought. It is cold, though. I'd go so far as to say that I need to wear my coat to and from places.
On Halloween we went to zone as usual, but we went home early to avoid those who would target missionaries. We watched David Archuletta's "Called to Serve," which I found very inspirational. We also watched "The Quest for a Go-Getter." For those who haven't seen it, it's about a man who is asked by a kind boss to fetch him a blue vase. However, the boss's other two jealous workers are determined to keep the man from getting it. It's very humorous and at the same time very inspirational. I think it's my new favorite short movie!
I have also finished reading the Book of Mormon, so I am going through again to check over anything I may have missed.
My new companion Elder Heese is very nice and kind. He likes talking to people and helping out patrons. I have constant prayers of comfort and joy, and I make an effort to look forward to each day with a positive attitude.
I think that's all that I have, but before I go I would like to point out that one of my gloves somehow got missing. I would like to request another pair of gloves because one glove by itself isn't of very good use.
Love you! Elder Derricott

No comments:

Post a Comment