Sunday, January 3, 2016

Dec. 11, 2015

Week 67, Dec. 11, 2015
Jacob:
Hi, everyone! This week has been an interesting one. I have been reading and marking a study guide based on the talks from the October General Conference. I find myself enjoying the modern-day examples of faith and figuring how to apply them to myself.
On Christmas the missionaries plan to talk within two blocks: the smaller districts like mine will probably get calling hours from 8-1, and the larger districts get call times from 7-2. We will get more information in the upcoming weeks, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to plan ahead of time. I sent another envelope with an early Christmas present, but I am also looking forward to the phone call.
It's nice that Erik and Emily are making the most of their time! Maybe they would like to share some advice from what they've learned? I also hope Erik gets better!
I'm afraid I can't send you some pictures for a long time. Something happened to my camera to turn it on in my pocket. Now when I try to turn it on it makes a scary grinding noise, says "lens error," and then shuts off. Because of the noise I'm scared to fix it.
This week our zone had a big luncheon and they put together some boxes of goodies like cookies, mini oranges and Christmas snacks! We had a young elder's conference and the main theme of it all seemed to be about gossiping and bullying. It was very powerful. I would like to ask the mission presidency if they made any recordings or transcriptions of it so we can view it later.
I am looking forward to the Christmas packages and phone calls! See you soon!
Happy Holidays!

Tara:  Hi son!  Good to hear from you!  Tell me more about the study guide you are using for conference talks? It sounds cool. As for the camera, I suggest you fiddle around with it and try to fix it... It isn't doing any good as it is now.  Let us know if it gets fixed or if we need to look for another one for you. What did you do with the Christmas boxes you put together?  I assume there was someone you gave them to?   Hope I get to hear more from you today!!!  Love you!

Jacob:
Actually, our zone put the boxes together for the young elders working in our zone.
The study guide contains all the Conference talks and organizes them like the scriptures so that we can refer to them in meetings and classes.
I have a meeting with a counselor today so that they can see what I would like to do after my mission is over. It's around 2:00, so don't be surprised if I cut out a bit early.

No comments:

Post a Comment