Sunday, January 3, 2016

Week 69 - Dec. 26, 2015

Week 69 - Dec. 26, 2015
Jacob:
Thank you for all of the wonderful gifts! I can't wait to share what I got with you as soon as I get home. By the way, did you ever get to see the 2013 Christmas concert on TV? There's a lot I plan to see once I'm back. I've decided not to pull down my Christmas tree until January comes around.
We have had a couple more flurries come through, with just enough to cover the ground for the holidays. On Christmas Eve we went to different apartments to do some caroling. My district joined with another district, so we decided the best way to cover the most ground was to have our conductors in the middle of the hall with two elders on each end.
On Christmas we got to open presents and make our phone calls home. We also had a big Christmas dinner at the stake center and watched last year's Christmas Devotional and a couple Bible Videos. However, we had to cut the devotional short because it was going past curfew time.
I hope to hear a bit more about your Christmas and maybe see a couple pictures. I thought how it was a time of giving just as many of the people in the scriptures did with no thoughts for themselves.
This Wednesday was our temple trip, and I was told that it was the birthday of the prophet Joseph Smith. Today is another missionary's birthday, so we agreed that we would go with him to City Creek for a big birthday dinner. I'm told that since some of the Christmas mail didn't get through to the elders that we should expect a lot on Monday. I hope that we won't have too much, though!
Hope to talk again soon!
Tara:  Hi son! So good to hear from you two days in a row!  Kents family just got here and we are playing with the kids. I will take a few pictures and send them. These pictures are from bowling last monday night. There were lots of Legos in the bowling alley and I thought you might like the picture of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment