Sunday, January 3, 2016

Week 68, Dec. 19. 2015

Week 68, Dec. 19. 2015
Jacob:
Hello everyone! My p-day is now on Saturday, and my companion is Elder Dull. He's a fun guy, and I hope to get along with him. My new day zone is Data Quality Support and my evening zone is Church History Special Projects, which are both behind-the-scenes stuff so you won't hear much about what goes on there.
Winter storms hit here during the past week. The first one last Monday went on for so long that the Church campus had to be closed, which meant that all the young elders had to be sent home early for extra scripture study. I'm told that next week will be worse, so I hope to be prepared.
I am so excited for the phone call! I have myself scheduled for 8:00 am and plan on an average call time of 40 minutes per elder.
I hope that my package isn't too heavy. If it is, I can just have the zone leaders help me out with it! I am just so excited! I hope to hear from you soon!
-Elder Derricott
Tara:  We are so excited too! Less than a week till we can talk with you!!!  We will be ready at 8 am!!!!  So what kinds of stuff do you in data quality support? Did you get a note from the Andersons and/or Stapelmans... They said they left one last weekend when they were down there.  What else do you have planned for Christmas besides phone calls?
Jacob: Unfortunately, our zone is kind of in "limbo" right now. We're waiting for a new program they call "NICE," then we have to get some training done for that. Right now we're looking at a shared Skype account to determine which employees will be in at what time. Other than that, it's all rather hush-hush. We hope to have a full Christmas schedule before the big day!
Tara:  Emily and I are heading out to do some Christmas and grocery shopping. Did you get a package that the young men and women sent? What was in it?
Jacob:  Do you mean the young adults or the youth?
Tara:  I think it was the youth
Jacob: Yes I got their package
Tara:  What kids of stuff did they put in?
Jacob: They had some Christmas treats, a wooden ornament, and some stain remover!

No comments:

Post a Comment