Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week 99 - July 21, 2016

Week 99 - July 21, 2016
Jacob :
Hello, everyone! I don't know what everyone else is doing, but I'm doing well. This week we have had a young elders conference. President Tate talked about the coming of the Book of Mormon and what the process of translation was like for Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery.
We also learned that there might be certain foods that we were buying that might have "hidden sugars" such as sweet bread, flavored yogurt, pre-processed food, etc. Today while shopping I paid more attention to looking for foods high in vitamins, protein, and other more nutritional food.
Next Tuesday is transfers, and I'm nervous to learn who will be my last companion. It surely has come and gone by quickly. I have certainly seen God's hand in many of the things I have done on the mission, and I pray that He will continue to do so after my mission is over.
So this week I had to open a microfilm cabinet to see if I could help somebody find a film. When I got to the cabinet, I found that it wouldn't open. I wanted to get help, but I got the impression that I should try again. This time I found that there was a button below the handle that, because of the placing of labels on the door, I didn't even bother to press. I did so, and the door slid right open. So don't underestimate the influence that ohters on the other side of the veil can provide!
I believe that that's all that has happened with me this week. I would love to hear what you guys have been doing! I love you a bunch!
Sincerely, Elder Derricott

Tara:  Hello elder !  So good to hear from you!   I was just getting ready to write to you when your letter popped up. We are doing good. Did I already send you pictures of us with Grandma and Grandpa last weekend in Bannock? If not I will send them to you.

Great job on trying to eat healthier. I am really trying to feed our family healthier foods. Most of the time it isn't too hard, but when I haven't prepared it is tricky to come up with something that is good for us and that everyone likes.

Time is certainly moving quickly! I can't believe it's your last transfer... But life is always moving forward and it's good to have new experiences. We are so proud of you and your missionary service!  I hope you know how pleased we are, and how pleased Heavenly Father is with your work.

We have a long weekend, with Pioneer Day coming up. We haven't decided what we are going to do yet, but I'm sure we can find something fun. Erik is taking his last finals and finishing his last projects.  Emily has band camp next week. Dad and I keep working and taking care of the home and family

We love you and are glad you are doing well. I loved your story about the locked cabinet... Those are the kinds of things to write in your journal.  Heavenly Father answers our prayers, in big things, but more often in small and simple ways.  Never forget He is always there.

I love you s bunch and have started counting down the days till I get s big hug from you! Keep working hard and doing your best! Love mom

Jacob:  I don't believe I have got those pictures. Could you please send them?

Mom:  I'd love to. Give me a minute

No comments:

Post a Comment