Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 97 - July 7, 2016

Week 97 - July 7, 2016
Jacob:
Hello, everyone! This 4th was a pretty good one. We had some sports and a lunch with pizza and nachos. We also watched A More Perfect Union: America Becomes a Nation.
I wish Dad a happy (late) birthday and everyone else a good week!
I had an interesting experience this week. Elder Beach and I went to cash our monthly checks at Zion's Bank on Saturday, then I remembered that it was closed on weekends. So we had to hold onto our checks until the weekend was over. We tried again on Tuesday, but then I realized I forgot my ID. So I had to come back yesterday with my ID and I successfully got the month's pay. Guess it goes to show how planning pays an important role in your life.
It's nice that my siblings are preparing for the summer. It will be good for them to have a rest from the education for a while. I also congratulate Mom for her new calling and wish her the best of luck. I know that God calls each of us to different positions for a reason, and we must do our duties until He sees fit to release us from those duties.
Attached is a picture of all of our missionaries in the Family and Church History Headquarters Mission for the month of June (it was two years since the last photo was taken.) I am in the third row from the front, directly behind the senior missionary with the white shirt. In front of me is Elder Warden, who was my companion for the first few weeks I was here, next to his companion at the time Elder Teichert.
Anyways, I love you a bunch, and I wait to hear from you again!
Sincerely, Elder Derricott

No comments:

Post a Comment