Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 98 - July 14, 2016

Week 98 - July 14, 2016
Jacob:
Hello, everyone. It's nice to hear from you each week and get caught up on what is happening.
We had a dinner appointment with Elder and Sister Pocock this past Sunday. We ate some chicken fettuccine, fruit, and brownies with sherbet. It was a pretty fun time. I find that some of my favorite spiritual thoughts are about the story of Jonah and the rich young ruler. They are both very informative and I learned from previous companions the history and background behind these and other scriptural accounts, so I decided to incorporate some important elements from those stories into our lessons.
Yes, this week was the Hail an Farewell. I have a couple of pictures from the event that I expect to send you. You know that red means "stop" and green means "go," right? (except for watermelons :D) At the Hail and Farewell the red ribbon is to welcome those who have put their regular lifestyle on hold to serve a mission, and the green ribbon is for RMs who need to move on with their life. I have a month left, but since they don't have another Hail and Farewell for two months I had to wear it for this month. I do have mixed feelings, but come what may and love it.
I like that Elder Rodriguez is still trying to keep in touch. I haven't told him about the cruise, so I was wondering if you put it on a social media site and he happened to look at it? That seems like the only possible explanation to work on.
It's nice that Emily is learning to drive. I hope and pray for her success. I may need to re-register for a permit. Also, my new temple recommend (signed by the Salt Lake 2nd Branch presidency) is good for 90 days after the end of my mission, so I might have to re-renew it after I get home.
I am also praying for Erik's success and that he makes the most of his time.
Thank you everyone for backing me all the way!
Sincerely, Elder Derricott

Tara :  Hi son... Good to get a nice long letter from you!  Sounds like things are going well?

Jacob:  Yes they are. Thank you for noticing.

Tara:  How is your sleeping going?  I hope you are able to get to sleep better?

Jacob: Yes I am.

Tara:  Oh good! We are loving the pictures you sent. It is so fun to see you, and the activities you are doing? Do you like getting the pictures we send?

Jacob:  Yes I do
Elder Kitchell and Schroeder, currently the best pianists on the mission

Me and my previous district leader, Elder Dowd.

The Hail and Farewell banner, with other decor. The theme incorporated both pioneers and America's freedom

The singers. They sang pioneer songs, and in between songs some of the missionaries got to share stories of their pioneer ancestors.

No comments:

Post a Comment