Saturday, January 31, 2015

Week 22

We weren't affected that much by the transfers except for getting a new district zone and having some different elders deliver our mail. I don't know if you noticed, but the mail has to come through the Joseph Smith Memorial Building before actually coming to us missionaries. I am thankful for the package of medicine you sent me; I really think it's helping me recover. 
    We still have basically the same job at the CHL, like making deliveries. However, one of the missionaries noticed that I was doing some indexing in my cubicle and asked if I wanted to help transcribe old English scripts. I told him I would think about it, and I went to a website he said would help me with my skills. Part of it is recognizing script, and since I haven't written cursive in a long time that can be quite a challenge. The website is at https://script.byu.edu/Pages/home.aspx. 
    In the Church History Library there is an elevator. It speaks when you reach the floor corresponding to the button you pressed. It does not, however, inform you if someone else from another floor is getting on, so we sometimes end up getting on the wrong floor.
    That's it for me! I hope to write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment