Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015-01-03

Hi! We have had a good week so far. On New Year's Eve we had a pizza dinner. We did forget some things we needed to bring, so we had to run to our apartments and back so we could at least make it during the first 5 minutes. We did have to go to sleep at the regular 10:00 pm, thought. On New Year's day we did a deep cleaning of our apartment (including throwing away old and moldy food!) Later we learned how to crochet hats. Of course, another elder gave me a head-start to mine, but I think I was doing pretty well. 
    Lately I have been training a relatively new missionary, Elder Teichert, by having him with me during CHL deliveries. I believe that he is making good progress, though I would like to tell him to pay attention to when deliveries actually came in for us to deliver. 
    Enough about me; how have you spent New Year's Eve and New Year's day? Did you invite any of our relatives over for a celebration? I always enjoy the pictures you send of yourselves having a good time! I hope to see you again soon!

Tara to Jacob
Hi Jacob! I am taking my lunch at work! It has been a busy week!  For New Years we went to the Stapelmans and ate and played games.  I would love to see a picture of the hat you made.  What a fun project!  I will send a few photos in just a minute and write a bit more.  I love you!!!!!

Jacob to Tara
I didn't actually finish the hat; I handed it back to the elder who helped me start it off. I'm afraid you're not going to get that picture.

Tara to Jacob
Oh well ... It still sounds like fun! How do you like being a trainer?  And how long have you been doing it?

Jacob to Tara
I enjoy it a lot! I have been doing it at least a week now.

Tara to Jacob
A bit more about what we have been doing... It has been really cold here... Down to 20 below zero so we have spent a lot of time at home.  Erik and Emily have been watching the Disney movies they got for Christmas, and dad and I watched all 5 of the Rocky movies in less than 24 hours! I can't say that I really liked them. Erik starts a new semester at BYUI on Monday since his mission call has not come yet. I am working like crazy since the new semester is starting. Emily is getting bored with Christmas vacation and is ready to go back to school on Monday. We miss you and your letters are the highlight of our weeks!  Keep being happy and doing your best! We are so proud of you!!!! Love you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment