Tuesday, September 30, 2014

2014-09-30

Jacob Anthony Derricott
Due to General Conference, I can’t e-mail you at the regular time on Saturday. Instead I will do it today from 3:15-4:20 pm.

Tony Derricott
Looks like you got a new email address.  Will this be the one you use from now on?


Jacob Anthony Derricott
Probably yes.

Tony Derricott
So, tell us about your daily routine now that you're assigned to the Church History Building.

Jacob Anthony Derricott
It hasn't been a week yet, but with General Conference this weekend, I thought I might write today instead. I also went shopping for two weeks instead of one, and I plan to do laundry later this week.
Today I got a basic overview with Elder Bowers, our CHL cartoonist. His CHL cartoon "Ned and Samantha," as well as some advertisements, are in various places around the building, and he even has plans to publish his works. I'm told that I might take his place in this building, but I want to go at my own pace at this.
I am excited to go to general conference. I'm told that speakers will speak in their native languages with English subtitles on the screen. It is starting to look like an interesting weekend ahead of me.
Hope to write again soon!

Tony Derricott
Do you have any examples of his cartoons?  That sounds like a good talent that you could put to use.  Take advantage of it if the opportunity arises!

No comments:

Post a Comment