Saturday, September 20, 2014

2014-09-20

Elder Jacob Derricott

These last two weeks have been a great opportunity for me to learn more about FamilySearch and all that individual people can do on it. My new work area will be in the Church History Library with Elder and Sister Beard. I will go there Monday, but I won't actually move out of the apartment until Wednesday.
We watched a video on missionary driving safety. It got my current companion concerned because some missionaries in our ward weren't excactly safe drivers (I won't go into details.) So our zone leaders talked to them and agreed that safer driving skills will be taken.
On another note, me and my companions are planning to go to the Ogden Temple re-dedication this Sunday. It already feels like such a long time since I left you guys, and I hope to hear from you again.

Tony Derricott <tonyderricott@gmail.com>

So, what will be your duties in the Church History Library, do you know?  That's the one right next door to The Kimball, isn't it?
Do missionaries in your mission drive?
By the way, we need your favorite scripture for a plaque that Jasen Owens will be putting up in the foyer at the church.  You didn't already give that to us, did you?  If so, we need it again.
We sure enjoy hearing from you each week and think of and pray for you often.

Elder Jacob Derricott

I don't know my duties yet, but I hope that I will starting Monday.Missionaries do drive, but it's interesting because both the driver and the co-pilot have to have their licences.
The scripture that I would like on my plaque is St. John 15:13, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Tony Derricott <tonyderricott@gmail.com>

Have you thought any more about whether you'd like a camera?

Elder Jacob Derricott

Yes, I would like a camera (probably for a birthday gift.)

Tony Derricott <tonyderricott@gmail.com>

How about some sort of a CD or MP3 player,  too?

Elder Jacob Derricott

Sure, but only if you send some sort of speaker so that others can know what I'm listening to.

No comments:

Post a Comment