Saturday, September 6, 2014

2014-09-06

Elder Jacob Derricott <elder.derricott@gmail.com>

I want you to know that I had a good first day on my mission. I met my trainers Elder Menke and Elder Perkins along with another new missionary, Elder Warden. We got situated in our new apartment and it already feels like a lifetime since I saw you. On our first P-day I learned the hard way that you need a partner with you when you shop, even if you don't necessarily get the same food. We also saw some people dressed up for ComiCon, and some of them even asked us if we planned to go. We told them no, because we feel more obligated to serve our mission full-time. Hope to see you again in 2 years.

Elder Jacob Derricott <elder.derricott@gmail.com>

Also, grandpa Delmar Derricott shows up in FamilySearch with no apparent baptism or temple work visible. As part of my new job it is my duty to know if that work has been done and, if it has, why it doesn't show in FamilySearch. Tell me as soon as you can.

Tony Derricott <tonyderricott@gmail.com>

I think Delmar might have 2 different record numbers that need to be merged.   I'll look closer when I get home.

Elder Jacob Derricott

I merged them on the first day, but they still need that missing information.

Tony Derricott <tonyderricott@gmail.com>

OK.   I'll look again when I get home.

On another note,  if we get you a camera do you have access to a place to insert an SD card? Or do you need a USB connection or what?

Elder Jacob Derricott

For as far as I can tell, it's mostly USB. I figure it will be easier that way.

Tony Derricott <tonyderricott@gmail.com>

So how long do you get to be on the computer doing email today?

Elder Jacob Derricott

I expected 1 hour, but this mission is kind enough to let us do 2 as long as we don't abuse that right.

Tony Derricott <tonyderricott@gmail.com>

So will it be the same 2 hours every Saturday?

Elder Jacob Derricott

Yes.

Elder Jacob Derricott

Here is what Mom says:
"Dear elder Derricott, we were so excited to hear you had a good first day!!! We sent a quick note to you in the mail that you should get in a day or two. Is there anything you need us to send you? As soon as we get home we will send you the information about grandpa Derricott.  All his work has been done, but somehow his church records are messed up.  Maybe you will be able to fix it! We love and pray for you!   Love mom"

Elder Jacob Derricott

Did you attend the Peach Festival?

Tony Derricott <tonyderricott@gmail.com>

We drove through the Peach Festival but decided not to stop.  We were tired and ready to roll for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment