Saturday, September 13, 2014

2014-09-13

Tony Derricott <tonyderricott@gmail.com>

​Hey, Jacob.

We've been thinking of you a lot this week.  ​Last night we had a Napoleon party with a few friends in the ward.  We ate tater tots (and other things) and watched the movie.  Some people had never seen it before.  Can you believe that?

Here's some questions I've been jotting down and I thought of them this week.  I'm not sure if it's easier for you to answer them in one email or if I should send them in separate messages as I think of them then let you respond to them when you get a chance.  I assume you can only really do that on Saturday afternoons, right?  Anyway, here's the questions for now:
Do other missionaries have cameras?
We exercised without you for the first time ​Monday and continued all 5 mornings this week.   Are you doing daily exercises of some sort?
How's your cooking going?
Did you take your FitBit?  Your connector is still in your laptop.​
How are you eating?
How are you sleeping?​
​C​ampus and town began to get really busy again yesterday as classes start on Monday.  It's frustrating dealing with traffic and exciting all at the same time.
​Just keep swimming!

​Dad​​

Elder Jacob Derricott

I am doing just fine with everything. I decided not to take my FitBit because the batteries were expensive.

Elder Jacob Derricott

This past week I have learned to look over the names that other indexers have posted and build our family tree around those names. Some of those names were frustrating because they were either misspellings of previous names, did not have matching details, or were otherwise attached to the wrong tree. However, I feel confident that if I were sent onto FamilySearch on my own I would do a pretty good job by myself. I also got the opportunity to do baptisms and confirmations for six of the people who I found links to. I feel like I have already accomplished something here. It helps me keep focused on the spiritual side of my mission. I have learned a lot in the past week, and I am eager to work hard for this mission. I hope to talk again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment