Saturday, September 27, 2014

2014-09-27

Elder Jacob Derricott

This week has been a good time for me. I got a new job working with mail and circulation in the Church History Library. On each floor there are pictures of Christ's ministry, as well as some from the life of Joseph Smith. I like to think of those stories behind them as I walk past them.
I am also doing something called "linking." Basically it's the process of making sure the records from FamilySearch match up with the images correctly.
My trainer, who is also my new companion, is Elder Rodriguez. He's from New York and has gone to Walt Disney World a lot of times. I feel like I am going to learn a lot from him, even though he is going to leave the mission field this November.
See you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Elder Derricott,

    It is so good to hear that your mission is going well. It is always hard for people to be away fron family,but serving a mission will be such a blessing for your family and you. To be at the Family History Center must be exciting. I know I get excited while doing family history. Hope you have a great week.

    Joanna Scheiern

    ReplyDelete