Friday, February 19, 2016

Week 74 - Jan 30, 2016

Week 74 - Jan 30, 2016
Jacob:
Hello everyone! Transfers went well. My district was only affected by a change of two elders; I'm still companions with Elder Dull.
As far as I can tell, we're not working at Rootstech unless we are called to work during that time. I hope that we get a schedule for what to do when it happens! I expect a lot of people will be attending it.
We have also had a couple of snow storms up here too, and there's even one today! We woke up early this morning to do our laundry and found about an inch of snow. It's about six inches now, along with some slush. I had to change my socks before noon. Actually we don't go to the super Walmart anymore. During my time with Elder Bowers we heard about an incident where one of our mission vehicles got stolen and hit another elder. After that the decision was made that we would go shopping at a smaller Walmart at the other side of town.
Today we went to Mr. Mac and the Church History Museum (which reminds me, I need a new black missionary belt before my mission is up.) Later today we are celebrating a missionary's birthday by going to a restaurant called "Blue Iguana." I want to get a simple meal, and Elder Dull's going to try one of their 5-pound burritos.
Apparently our mission is "getting more expensive," so that's why we're getting a little more money each month.
I hope you're all doing well. See you later!
Tara:  Sounds like a lot of snow today!  I've never been to Blue Iguana...but I've heard it's good! Take a picture of the 5 pound burrito for me. That sounds like enough food to make a person sick!   It will probably be easiest for you to get a new belt at Walmart when you get a chance...that way you can make sure it is the right size for you. If you need us to send some extra money for one, let me know.  How is the arbitrator job going?
Jacob: I am enjoying being an arbitrator very much. Of course, sometimes you have to pay attention to when the information is handwritten, and it's even worse when they write shorthand! I could only use 20$ or so for the belt.
Tara:  I bet it can be difficult to figure out some of that old handwriting! I know I have a hard time indexing some of it.  We will get some money sent for a belt for you. Are you feeling healthy and doing well physically?
Jacob: Yes I am. It's just that my current black belt is wearing out and needs to be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment