Friday, February 19, 2016

Week 71 - Jan 9, 2016

Week 71 -  Jan 9, 2016
Jacob:
Hello, everyone! I am doing very well over here in Salt Lake. Our mission is getting bigger. In fact, I overheard that if our mission gets any bigger we'd have to change our zone shopping for our p-days. Speaking of shopping the vehicle we usually take for our shopping group was being used by the people at the Granite Mountain Records Vault, so we had to shop at Harmon's. It's harder to navigate than Walmart, and it's expensive too. Fortunately I managed to crunch my shopping down to at least $20.
Our apartments have been inspected for bedbugs, and only 4 of the 20+ apartments actually had them. Fortunately, ours wasn't one of them. The reason being; we cleaned it out. I helped by cleaning the soap scum from the bathroom and cleaning out the refrigerator and oven. I know how to clean, but my companion Elder Dull knows how to deep-clean, which shows what a little preparation can do. We also have some steel wool, which really helps with those "invisible" stains that hide on our counter-tops.
Elder Dull loaned me his camera, and I gave it back when the new one came. I might send you some pictures of the Hail and Farewell (aka "Hail and Wail") which is this next Monday.
How are you doing? have you started on your New Year's goals yet? I hope that this next year we can make the most our situations and pray for everyone's well-being.
Tony :  That sounds great.  We'd love to see pictures of you and your pals
using your new camera.
Tara:  Hi son! So good to hear from you! Sounds like you have been doing a lot of cleaning lately... Good job! That is what we are doing at home right now. I'm glad your apartment is clear of bedbugs.   That's a relief to me!  Sounds like a bit of an adventure shopping at a new store today... Hopefully you got enough food for the week.  Is it snowing in salt lake today? We are getting a really pretty snowfall right now.  Did you get to watch the bug sniffing dog?  I love you!!!   Mom
Jacob: For the dog to perform his job successfully anything that caused a draft like fans or heaters had to be removed. You can't, however, turn off people. We had to be away while the dog did his job, and we couldn't come back until the evening to avoid running into him. Besides, the housing coordinators told us that he's not a person-type dog.
Tara: Sounds pretty cool... I bet it would have been fun to watch him do his job.  We would love to see some hail and farewell pictures.  Just make sure you are in some of them! Is everything going ok in your new assignments? What is your favorite job to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment