Friday, February 19, 2016

Week 72 - Jan 16, 2016

Week 72 - Jan 16, 2016
Jacob:
Hello, everybody! This week has been a pretty good one. We had the Hail and Farewell this week, and there was a special after-dinner presentation by T. C. Christensen about his latest movie The Cokeville Miracle. It was a good night, and I can't wait to see the movie as soon as I get back!
We also had a temple trip this week. I wanted to take a card that hadn't had initiatories done on it yet, but when I took it in to the room where they did initiatories they gave me a few extra temple cards they thought I would have time to do before our endowment session. It turns out, however, that it takes about an hour before all the cards got done with initiatory and my own card had been saved for the end. The temple workers told me that my own card was the most important, and I got it completed before our session started.
I am having a good time up here. Recently I have tried shopping by writing my own shopping lists. I am currently in the process of using up as much non-perishable food as I can before I leave. I have also been considering setting aside some money to return to the mission. I was hoping to take a couple more years of school, but when it comes to other things I have some counselors up here that will help me cross that bridge when I come to it.
I also have some pictures to share with you from this month. I hope you enjoy!
Tony: 
Remember to make healthy food choices while you're eating non-perishable items and saving money.  If it comes down to saving versus eating healthy, spend the money it takes to purchase the healthier choice.
Tara:  Hi Jacob... sounds like a good week!  I can't wait to see your pictures.  I'm glad you are enjoying the time you get to spend in the temple.  I am hoping that we can go through the Salt Lake temple with you sometime after your mission.  I'm glad you got your own name done.. sometimes it seems like I get everyone else's names done first... but that's ok, as long as mine get done also.  I'm glad you are gaining experience and independence in the shopping area.  As dad said, just be sure to get the things you need to be healthy and balanced.  We are trying really hard, as a family, to take good care of our bodies by exercising and eating healthy foods.  How are things going with Elder Dull?  Do you still keep in contact with Elder Rodriguez?  Occasionally he posts pictures from his mission on facebook, and you were in a few of them!  Don't worry too much about what you want to do after the mission.... we will figure out most of that as it comes.  Finish strong... keeping your heart and mind focused on being a great missionary through all of it.  We are so very proud of you!   Love you bunches... mom
January Hail and Farewell

Salt Lake Temple

Food line at the Hail and Farewell

President Tate, Elder Dull, and ME

Me and Elder Dull, my companion
 

No comments:

Post a Comment