Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 34

Week 34  
 Hi, everyone! I am having a good time with the mission. I took a trip to Mr. Mac to fix a button on my winter coat (they do repairs for missionaries for free!) By the way, I have lost my umbrella and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Could you send a new one asap? Also the speakers I got don't improve the music; I just get more volume.
    However, we did have a stake conference this week, and we held the last session last Sunday morning in the Assembly Hall. Around 2:00 we went to an organ recital in the Tabernacle where a guest organist played "Toccata in D Minor." and some uplifting musical pieces. I don't think we would've had any other opportunities to see it for the rest of the year, seeing our regular stake meetings go from 1:00-4:00.
    I am glad you got to speak with Sister Beard, and we expect her to be back safely next week! She might be able to help us in the following weeks with a project dealing with missionaries since Joseph Smith's time.
    We sure have had a good time on this mission so far. My year mark is approaching slowly, but the other missionaries say that after that it all goes downhill from there. It feels like I have lived here my whole life! I am excited to read your emails each week!
    Hope to write again!
                -Elder Derricott










        

1 comment:

  1. So love reading the letters. I sure look forward to them

    ReplyDelete