Tuesday, March 3, 2015

In Which We Hear More About Jacob

Tara's aunt and Uncle, Mike and Linda Hair, are Special Events Missionaries on Temple Square.  When they are serving, they keep an eye out for Jacob, and let us know if they see or hear anything about him.  Here is their latest report.

Linda: "I have great news. We just got home from serving at the conference tonight. Another amazing Tabernacle Choir concert, might I add. And this sister said to me, I need to save my husband a seat. He is helping with an emergency with one of our elders. But he will be here before the concert starts. I assured her it would be fine to save him a seat and while we were talking I found out that her and her husband are over the missionaries serving in the mission that Jacob serves In. I told her that my niece's son serves there and asked if she knew Elder Derricott. Tears came to her eyes and she says they love him. They have watched him grow and become more outgoing all the time. Their names are Elder and Sister Musgrave. She had so many good things to say about your Elder. He is hardworking such a sweet Elder. Elder Derricott has definitely formed a bond with Elder Musgrave, he likes talking to him and they are privileged to know him. After the concert, she introduced her husband to me. Just didn't have a chance to visit with him because of all of the people trying to exit the conference center. Just thought you would like to know.
     
I know you are missing him and I hope it helps to hear how he's doing. And to think what are the chances of Sister Musgrave coming to my section that I am helping with out of that huge conference center and finding out they are serving with Jacob. I think it was no chance at all but an experience provided both you as parents and me that he is being watched over and having a good mission. Glad I could be part of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment