Saturday, November 8, 2014

2014-11-08

I just wanted to let you know that I am having a great time on my mission! I know that you wanted a picture of Elder Bowers, so I pulled one up from an email one elder sent us. Both of us are in the back, and Elder Bowers is the one with the sky blue tie. Since it was Halloween, I decided to wear my orange-and-brown tie.
    I have moved every time I got a new elder, but I don't think that will always be the case. Also, you don't need to worry about sending me any Ensigns, we get one each month. I also found where the foot spray was today! It was in such a small section that it's no wonder I couldn't find it last time
    Anyways, here is what my schedule is basically like:
  • 6:30 am- Wake up and have breakfast
  • 7:15 am- Walk to Church History Library (CHL) weekdays or Joseph Smith Memorial Building (JSMB) Monday for morning devotional
  • 8:00 am- Get newspapers from Church Office Building (COB) and take them to the library
  • 8:15-10:55 am- Circulation
  • 11:00 am- Deliver mail
  • Noon- Lunch in the break room
  • 1:00-4:15 pm- Circulation, on Wednesdays and Fridays we travel to the JSMB to do linking from 1:00-4:00
  • 4:20 pm- Return to apartment for companion study and dinner
  • 6:00-8:30 pm- Travel to FamilySearch Center for teaching index research.
  • On Saturday we shop at 7:30, clean laundry at 9:15, have lunch at noon, run to the dry-cleaner at 12:30, email around 1:00, dinner at 5:00 and go to sports at 6:00
    I sent an email to the mission president concerning Grandma and Grandpa coming to Salt Lake City, and I am confident that we will do something to avoid an accidental run-in.
That's all I can think of to say. Good-bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Elder Derricott,

    It looks like you are quite busy. I hope you are enjoying the work.

    What type of sports are you doing on Saturday? Hope everyone is getting exercise, but also having a good time.

    You must be meeting a lot of people. Hopefully you will get to hear several of the Apostles speak while you are in Salt Lake. Have a good week.
    Joanna Scheiern

    ReplyDelete