Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 103 - Aug 18, 2016

Week 103 - Aug 18, 2016
Jacob -
Hello, everyone!
One thing I have to say about leaving day, the biggest thing I have to take home is the big blue container with things I have collected over the mission (plus my clothes and bedding.) I don't know if they will let me take some food home with me, but bring a cooler just in case! I hope to at least finish the perishables and leftovers before you come!
I have had a lot of experiences that have helped me shape my perspective. One is the injury to my arm. It was a good reminder for me to keep strong in the gospel. I would like to tell you a bit more about it after I return home. My arm has gotten a lot better and is basically working just like it used to. I just have to focus on not playing sports with it for at least another month. On the plus side, I don't have to wear a sling anymore!
This past week I have had the opportunity to attend the monthly temple session. After it was over I got a hug from President Tate and was congratulated for all the hard work I put into this mission. I am happy to know that I am loved and appreciated.
Well, it's hard to believe that this will be my last mission letter to you guys. I have learned a lot on this mission, and it gives me a comforting feeling that I could not have felt elsewhere. I will see you very soon.
Sincerely, the former Elder Derricott

No comments:

Post a Comment