Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 102 - Aug 11, 2016

Week 102 - August 11, 2016
Jacob -
Hello, everyone! My arm is a lot better now that I have gotten some motion back into it again. The doctor said that it would be at least a month before it would heal properly, so I should try to avoid sports and much heavy lifting.
I am excited to come back home and I pray that I will be taken care of and helped out during this time.
I am glad that my siblings are doing well. I am excited to see them again. I hope that Erik gets back on his feet again. I know that both are being aided as long as they are being righteous.
My companion, Elder Beach, doesn't talk much but he is loved by the other missionaries and I try to take good care of him.
This week after district meeting my district leader held a little "icebreaker" party. We had ice cream and played a little round of "Jenga." We played another game where flour was compacted into a can then placed on a plate, and then a coin was placed in the center of the flour pile. Each player took a turn using a butter knife to cut away as much flour as possible without letting the coin fall. Whoever makes the coin fall has to pick it up with their mouth! Another game we played was "What If?” Each of us wrote a "what if" question, then randomly selected someone else's question and answered it. Then someone reads the question they have and the next person reads the answer to the question they had, then they read the question they have, etc. I just thought I'd throw out some ideas for next time we had a social event.
Well, hope to see you again soon!
-Sincerely, Elder Derricott

No comments:

Post a Comment