Saturday, December 27, 2014

2014-12-27

Thank you all for the wide selection of gifts! I am glad to get a lot of the things that I needed. I hope that the speakers will work once I try them. Be sure to thank the Jolleys, too! They sent me some ties and a couple of Twinkies dressed up as "Minionaries!" My companion and I liked those clothespins painted to look like us, plus the Chic-Fil-A gift card; we'll have to use that sometime in the near future. 
    We have also received snow during Christmas. We decided to take a walk during the afternoon, and we came back covered with so much snow that we had to hang them up by the door just inside the apartment. We enjoyed our Christmas dinner too, especially the ham. After dinner, we watched last year's Christmas devotional. I'd say this was one of the best Christmases I've ever had!
    Lately we have been reading from Jesus the Christ during companionship studies when we were finished with our Sunday lesson. It is interesting to learn about what was happening during those days and how it all related to His ministry. I find it helpful in better understanding the scriptures and the parables that he uses.
    I believe that's it for now. Until then, I pray for you and your safety.

Tony to Jacob 
What type of temple work do you do when you go?  Baptisms?  Initiatory? Endowment? How often do you go?  Every week?  How many different temples have you been to?

Jacob to Tony
It really depends on how much time we have. We try to do baptisms and confirmations on the same day and the initiatories on another day, but that's when occasion permits. We are required to take part in an endowment session once a month.

Tony to Jacob
How many different temples have you been to?

Jacob to Tony
I have been to the Salt Lake temple most of the time, and we did get a chance to visit the Bountiful temple on Halloween. Today, that's 2 temples.

Tony to Jacob
Why did you go to Bountiful?  Any idea which ones you might go to in the future?

Jacob to Tony
From what I'm told, it's because of all the crazy drunk people in SLC during Halloween. I have no idea which ones we will visit in the future.

Tony to Jacob
Well, I'm glad you avoided the crazy drunk people.

Tony to Jacob
I recall you mentioned in a recent letter that you do sports on Saturdays at 6. Is that the only day you exercise?  What sport do you engage in? Are you using the black undershorts I sent?  Hope you're staying fit in all ways prescribed by Luke 2:52.

Jacob to Tony
Since it's not a workday, yes it is the only day to work out. I have not yet tried one the sports shorts for fear of misuse.

Tony to Jacob
Misuse?

Jacob to Tony
Actually, I fear that being tight they might actually rip.

Tony to Jacob 

Just wear them. If they rip we can get you some new ones. If you don't care for them you can send them home. You won't know until you try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment