Sunday, June 14, 2015

Week 41

Week 41


June 13, 2015
Jacob: Hey, everyone! I'm doing fine up here in Salt Lake! Things are starting to warm up here. From what I'm told you can just wear shirts and ties in "private" areas like the Church History Library, but in more "public" areas like the Family History Library, Walmart, church, etc., you have to wear a suit jacket.
    We have had a good week with work and all. We were surprised to hear on Sunday that we were supposed to prepare a lesson for our Zone conference the next day. It's kind of hard to do stuff that seems like last-minute to you, but we found a way to get our lesson plan in a short amount of time (plus we just learned that they can be 15 minutes long instead of the regular 20 we used to do.)
    I wish I could have been there for the family reunion. But here on the mission it's like having a family, too. I can't believe that summer got here so quickly; it feels like California in Salt Lake!
    I haven't received my package yet, but when I do, I'll try to record the time that it gets to me so that I can plan ahead in time for special events like holidays, birthdays, etc.
    Love you all and hope to see you again!
Elder J. Derricott
Tara: Hi my boy! It's so good to hear from you! Dad and I are in Pocatello right now, and we are heading to Preston later today. We are going to spend a few hours with the Derricott family, then head back home. We are having a fun weekend,celebrating our anniversary. 
It sounds like you did a good job preparing for your zone conference on short notice. Sometimes those are the best lessons because you have to rely so much on the Spirit. What was your lesson about? I am preparing to teach the young women about the Priesthood tomorrow. Have any good ideas to help me?

I'm glad that your mission feels like a family. It is important to learn to love the people you are working with. 

I love you! 

Jacob: We taught about Family History Work. Considering that we are on a Family History mission, I find that very appropriate. I hope that you have a fun weekend! Happy anniversary!

Tara: Ha-ha! That does sound appropriate. Are you still doing any drawing? Are you and Erik writing to each other? 

Jacob: I still do some small stuff from time to time, but I'm trying to focus on personal study in the scriptures and the mission library. Speaking of which, I don't believe I have Our Search for Happiness, do you think you could send a copy to me? I could also use another pocket hymnal, I lost my old one. Erik and I also write to each other each week, so don't worry about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment